Welcome to Cause Coders
Join a growing community of coding enthusiasts like you. Sign up today!

Anyone Coded Their Own Forum Theme Before?

TopSilver

web designer
Administrator
Was wondering if anyone has coded their own theme?

Or if you have made your own theme for your own forum. Just wondering. I code website templates and was wanting to try creating xenforo and vbulletin themes at some point. I'm used to editing small fixes here and there all the time but I never tried finishing a theme before.

Let us know.

William

No, I simple doused my forum a default forum style with css. I spent the better part of the night before making alterations to the homepage. It has been a while since I visited my site's sitebuilder and I was surprised at so many new modules. I activated and installed quite a few of them.

I used to run multiple themes, but I am hesitant to do so anymore. I'm tired of separate updates from official vb updates. If I can run a modified default style it is all the better and less work for me.

Enjoy,
William

TopSilver

web designer
Administrator
No, I simple doused my forum a default forum style with css. I spent the better part of the night before making alterations to the homepage. It has been a while since I visited my site's sitebuilder and I was surprised at so many new modules. I activated and installed quite a few of them.

I used to run multiple themes, but I am hesitant to do so anymore. I'm tired of separate updates from official vb updates. If I can run a modified default style it is all the better and less work for me.

Enjoy,
William
Your style actually looks really good. Probably the best style out of all of them that you've used yet in my opinion.

William

Your style actually looks really good. Probably the best style out of all of them that you've used yet in my opinion.
Thanks. It is the only style I offer to members. Shame really, having spent hundreds on converting a Vb4 forum. It is just too much work for one Admin that wants to keep creating content and engaging members.

TopSilver

web designer
Administrator
Thanks. It is the only style I offer to members. Shame really, having spent hundreds on converting a Vb4 forum. It is just too much work for one Admin that wants to keep creating content and engaging members.
Well I have never finished a style of my own. Do you have vBulletin installed on localhost? I think I'm going to post a tutorial on ScriptingForum soon about how to successfully install it without having the CSS broken. There's a trick to it. Thanks to Glenn who showed me how.

TopSilver

web designer
Administrator
You should think about giving it a shot for custom work. You probably don't need to anymore but it comes in handy rather then having to make a test forum. I posted the tutorial last night. Anyways your forum looks great so good job with your custom edits.