Welcome to Cause Coders
Join a growing community of coding enthusiasts like you. Sign up today!

Is Java the most efficient langue to learn for mobile programming?

What is a better langue to learn for mobile programming?

• Total voters

Chiha

I had a discussion with a friend of mine the other day about mobile programming. He was telling he how he was learning Swift (the Apple specific programming langue). He was going through all this work simple to be able to write an app for an IPhone. Now that got me thinking. If your only goal is to be the most efficient with your time and skills then why not learn Java? First off, it's an very easy langue to learn and use. I discussed that on a previous post which is worth a look. Almost every institution teaches Java and there are a ton of resources online for learning Java including this here site. With a knowledge of Java you can make a whole plethora of apps for the android. Google recently said that there are now more than 2 billion monthly active android users. That is a huge market base. Not only is Java a easy langue but it is used in so much more then just apps. With a Java background you can make apps, write sever side code, or even whole programs. So this leads me to my conclusion which is: If you are just looking for the most effective langue that is both easy and versatile then Java is a clear choice over Swift. I would love to hear what your thoughts are. There is also an easy poll if you don't have time to comment.

TopSilver

web designer
Administrator
@Chiha I haven't heard much about Swift aside from @Scheibe commenting about it over discord, however I know that with Java you can create not only mobile apps but web applications. In other words you can make applications that can run in an internet browser. That would be my main motivation for wanting to learn Java. I plan to give it a shot at some point. It's definitely worth learning.

Scheibe

Web Designer
Super Moderator
@Chiha I haven't heard much about Swift aside from @Scheibe commenting about it over discord, however I know that with Java you can create not only mobile apps but web applications. In other words you can make applications that can run in an internet browser. That would be my main motivation for wanting to learn Java. I plan to give it a shot at some point. It's definitely worth learning.
Swift can also make Mac applications.